Space Industrial Technician
Lunar Resources, America’s leading space industrial company, is pioneering space manufacturing, off-earth resource extraction, and in-situ resource utilization. A corporate spin-off from various NASA-sponsored technology development programs, Lunar Resources objective is to enable the economic utilization of space’s resources to enable humanity to build off earth.
Technician (Space Manufacturing Technologies and Resource Extraction Technologies)
The space manufacturing and resource extraction teams are responsible for developing a range of technologies to extract, manufacture, and fabricate materials in microgravity and the Moon. As a responsible technician at Lunar Resources, you will work with a multidisciplinary group of engineers, material scientists, electrochemists and metallurgists.
- Serve as a responsible technician and take extreme ownership of tasks.
- General maintenance, installation, and repair of equipment throughout the facility.
- Build and assemble systems.
- Support scientific experiments and R&D efforts.
- Drive technology improvements; work with engineers and teams across the company to ensure success of technologies. Innovate.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of professional experience working hands-on as a technician in the aerospace, aviation, automotive, or oil and gas industry.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in aerospace technology or equivalent area of study.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to take project goals, inputs, and work toward the end-goal beyond individual task assignment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Experience working in a clean room and ESD sensitive environment.
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature, flow, and electrical measurement devices.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment.
- Familiarity with calibrated measurement devices including load cells, multi-meters, calipers, torque wrenches, depth gauges, and micrometers
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required to support critical project and mission milestones.
- Excited to work in a startup company culture and atmosphere.
- This position is located at Lunar Resources' facility in Houston, TX. Remote work is NOT possible for this position.